Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Study Abroad Throughts

So as it turns out, I can't afford as much school as I thought I could. I already need to take an extra $3,000 out in loans just for the regular school year, so I'm worried that I won't be able to afford my May Sem to London.

So here is a pro/con list of going and not going.

Going to London:

Pros

  • Takes care of my global credit
  • London
  • Cheaper than traveling there myself (so I've heard)
  • A whole month learning Sociology in LONDON
Cons
  • So expensive
  • An extra $5,000 in loans
  • Losing a month of work (which is about $1,000)
  • Money
  • Bills
  • Loans
  • Being away from home for a month (in a foreign country with people I don't really know)
Not going to London:

Pros
  • Save lots of money
  • Extra month to work to save for college
  • could spend that extra month in Wisconsin with Sarah, working and being together
  • No jet lag or bad ears from flight
Cons
  • No London
  • Have to take a global credit somewhere else, which could fuck with my whole plan for graduating with a double major
  • None London
  • Missing out on London

No comments:

Post a Comment